Date: 27th August 2018 at 9:36am
Written by:

The man in charge of our second round Carabao Cup game at Goodison Park on Wednesday will be Graham Scott from Oxfordshire.

Premier League Referee Graham and the Millers last met in November last year at the Keepmoat Stadium when an own goal just after the hour mark by Richard Wood put the hosts in front. Graham upset the Rovers fans when he added seven minutes at the end of the game, most of which the Millers fans attributed to the fact that it took nearly as long as that for Jamie Coppinger to walk off the pitch after he was subbed in the final five minutes of ordinary time. On the sixth minute of those added on David Ball was denied but the ball fell to Kieffer Moore who popped the ball over the line scoring his thirteenth of the season. Before that Wood thought a header from him was over the line while substitute Jonson Clarke-Harris hit the post.

Before that Graham was last in charge of a Millers game in August 2016 when the Millers visited Oakwell. Four second half goals from Marc Roberts, Adam Hammill, Tom Bradshaw and Ryan Kent gave Barnsley all three points. Joe Millers of Rotherham and Barnsley’s Josh Scowen were shown yellow that afternoon.

7 December 2013 at the New York Stadium was the time that the Millers and Graham met before that in an FA Cup game against Rochdale. The game started well for the hosts with Lee Frecklington scoring in six minutes but a Matthew Lund goal ten minutes into the second half gave Rochdale an equaliser. On the seventy-third minute Mr Scott deemed a challenge on Lund by Michael Tidser was worthy of a second yellow and the Millers were down to ten men and ten minutes later Peter Vincenti scored to take Rochdale into the next round. After the game Millers Manager Steve Evans said he was ‘left shaking his head’ at some of the decisions from the official.

In the 2008/9 season Graham was in charge of three Millers’ games. The first was at Bournemouth in October when the game ended nil-nil. The next game was the following month at St James Park, Exeter when Ben Watson put the home side up just before half-time and on sixty-six minutes Reuben Reid scored a penalty to give the Millers a point. That evening, Drewe Broughton, Marc Joseph and Ian Sharps were shown yellow cards. Then Graham came to Don Valley to officiate in the derby between the Millers and Chesterfield. The Millers were three-nil winners that day with Reid scoring two goals and Pablo Mills getting a third seven minutes before the final whistle. The Spireites had Drew Talbot sent off on seventy-nine minutes when he ploughed into the back of Dale Tonge, receiving his second yellow of the night. Also booked were Mark Hudson and Dale Tonge from the Millers.

In October 2010 Graham was in charge of our one-all draw with Stevenage at Don Valley. Nicky Law scored on the stroke of half-time only for John Mousinho to equalise eight minutes before full-time. That day, Graham booked Tom Newey and Nick Fenton of the Millers and Ron Henry for the visitors.

Running the line at Goodison will be Constantine Hatzidakis from Kent and Dan Cook from Hampshire. The Fourth Official is David Coote from Nottinghamshire while on the VAR is Kevin Friend from Leicestershire.

Click for the forum

Your Comment