Date: 30th May 2019 at 12:13pm
Written by:

Rotherham United’s Assistant Manager Richie Barker says that ‘good offers’ have been offered to wingers Jon Taylor and Ryan Williams.

More or less hinting that the ball is now in the players’ court Barker told the Official Site that the club have no more planned discussions with the two saying, ‘They say they haven’t signed for anyone else but it appears they are exploring options elsewhere, which is their prerogative and we understand that.’

Tayls joined the Millers from Peterborough in 2016 for what was said to be a club record at the time, though never confirmed. He made forty-four appearances last season scoring a handful of goals his last one in our two-all draw at home to Sheffield Wednesday.

After spending time with neighbours Barnsley, Australian Ryan joined Rotherham in the summer of 2017 and scored his only goal of last season in our three-two home win over Blackburn.

I think it’s fair to say that if the lads have had interest from clubs in the Championship that Rotherham United will be saying ‘goodbye’ to the pair but, I’d like to think, if it’s clubs in the lower two divisions that are luring our players away we’d give them a firm offer to stay.

News of the other two wingers Joe Newell and Anthony Forde is that the club made further offers to the pair last week with Barker saying that they are expecting an answer from them ‘shortly’.

Personally, I’ll be sorry to see Tayls and Willo leave the club but, of course, as we know, that’s what happens in football isn’t it.

 
Click for the forum

Your Comment