Date: 19th May 2014 at 3:27pm
Written by:

The man in charge of our game at Wembley on Sunday is …

DAVID COOTE from Nottinghamshire

David has been a referee from a teenager, reffing local games in Nottingham before moving up through the Notts Alliance League, the Northern Counties East League, Evo-Stick League and Blue Square North before being promoted to the League List as an assistant in 2006. Four years later he was promoted again to Referees’ List.

The last time the Millers encountered David was on Easter Monday at the New York Stadium against Port Vale. The game saw the Millers beat Vale for the first time since November 2009 with a goal in the second half from Kieran Agard. But by that time the hosts were already down to ten men when, on the stroke of half-time, David sent off Richie Smallwood for a challenge on Billy Knott (which still looks a dubious decision a month later).

David has been in the middle for a few Millers games in the past – the first one being our Johnstone`s Paint Trophy win over Lincoln City at Don Valley in August 2010.  The only goal of the game was scored by Adam Le Fondre  which sent us into the next round tie with Burton Albion. 
That season David was also in charge of our three-nil loss to York City in the FA Cup at Bootham Crescent and our three-all draw at Stockport County in the League where Ishmel Demontagnac opened the scoring for the home side on thirty-three minutes but less than a minute later Kevin Ellison scored an equaliser.  Two goals in the second half in two minutes from Stephen Husband put Stockport three-one up but an own goal six minutes from time by Matthew Grieve gave the Millers a life-line.  In the final minute of the game up popped Ryan Taylor to rescue a point for the visitors.
In the 2011/12 season David reffed two, two-all draws involving the Millers.  The first in August at Don Valley when Barnet were the visitors. Clovis Kamdjo put the visitors in front on thirty-six minutes with Troy Brown equalising four minutes into the second half for the Millers. Just after the hour mark Michael Raynes was adjudged to have fouled Izale McLeod in the area and the striker picked himself up and gave Conrad Logan no chance with the spot kick. With eight minutes to go Adam Le Fondre saved a point for the Millers when he shot the ball through the legs of Dean Brill into the back of the net.  The second time was at the back end of the season at Aldershot On nine minutes Darren Jones fouled Gareth Evans in the area and after picking himself up and dusting himself the winger scored the resulting penalty. Nine minutes later the Shots had equalised with a goal from Peter Vincenti but on the half-hour mark Sam Hoskins, who was making his league debut for the Millers, chipped the ball over home ‘keeper Jamie Young and into the top of the net. Ten minutes into the second half Guy Madjo equalised for the Shots. On eighty-two minutes a crude lunge from Tom Newey on Adam Mekki which earned him a second yellow and the Millers down to ten men. Three minutes later Mr Coote evened it up when he showed Jordan Roberts a second yellow.
David officiated in the Millers game at Home Park in April last year when a seventy-fifth minute goal from Kieran Agard won the match for the Millers helping them to promotion.

This season David has been in the middle for thirty-four games and has shown one hundred and four yellow cards and four red cards.

 Running the line at Wembley will be ?
Adam Nunn from Wiltshire
Michael Salisbury from Lancashire

The Fourth official will be…
Mick Russell from Hertfordshire

The Reserve Assistant Referee will be ?
Rob Merchant from Staffordshire