Date: 6th April 2017 at 9:28am
Written by:

The man in charge of our game this weekend away at Wigan will be . . . .

SCOTT DUNCAN from Northumberland

This is Scott`s fifth season as a Football League Referee and this will be his third game in the middle for a Rotherham game this season.

The first game of the season saw him in charge when Wolves were the visitors in a game which ended two-all. Danny Ward and Will Vaulks put the Millers two up in the first twenty minutes but George Saville sent Wolves in at half -time with a lifeline of a goal. Wolves defender Dominic Iorfa got a red card after bringing down Jon Taylor when he was last man with a goal from Jon Dadi Bodvarsson on sixty-five minutes giving Wolves a point.

He was last in charge of the Millers in October again at the New York Stadium when Reading were the visitors. Rotherham hung on until four minutes from time when Paul McShane scored the only goal of the game. The Millers had Dexter Blackstock and Greg Halford booked that afternoon.

Scott was in the middle for two Millers games last season the first being in October 2015 at the IPro Stadium when Derby County ran out three-nil winners. Scott showed yellow cards to Joe Mattock and Richie Smallwood that day and Derby’s George Thorne.

He was also in the middle for our final game of the season at the KC Stadium against Hull City. The Millers went in front on sixteen minutes with a goal from Lee Frecklington – but after that it all went pear shaped with the Tigers going in four-one up at half-time adding a fifth just before the hour mark. The only booking of the day was for Stephen Kelly of the Millers.

January 2015 saw Scott in the middle when the Millers were away at Charlton. Jordan Cousins scored for the hosts on the eighty-third minute but a last minute goal from sub Danny Ward saw the Millers come home with a point. There were no bookings at The Valley that day.

Scott was also in charge for our trip to Blackpool just after Christmas which was another one-one game. Emmanuel Ledesma had put the Millers in front only for Dom Telford to equalise six minutes before the end of the game. Lee Frecklington and Ledesma saw yellow that day.

Scott was in charge of two of our games the season before that – the first being our first game of the season away at Crewe Alexandra. Anthony Grant shocked the Millers by going two up in the opening ten minutes with goals from Anthony Grant and Max Clayton. Lee Frecklington pulled one back on the ten minute mark but two minutes into the second half Richard Brindley was adjudged to have clipped the heels of Ryan Colclough and the hosts got a penalty which Harry Davis put away. On the eighty-sixth minute Ben Pringle curled a great shot into the back of the net to make it three-two and with practically the last kick of the match the Millers earned a point when a loose ball fell to Frecklington who fizzed it into the back of the net to send the travelling supporters home happy. Michael O’Connor was the only player booked in this game.

Later in the season he took charge of our Johnstone’s Paint Trophy game at the Highbury Stadium against Fleetwood Town. A cold December night saw Jeff Hughes put the home side in front under twenty minutes into the game with Nouha Dicko getting an equaliser eleven minutes into the second half. But the hosts got a winner seventy minutes in from Conor McLaughlin.

April 2013 saw Scott in the middle for our home game with Exeter City which was a four-one victory for the Millers with goals from Ben Pringle, Daniel Nardiello, Michael O’Connor and Craig Morgan and a Grecians consolation goal scored by Daniel Coles. That day Scott booked two players, both from City.

Scott has been in charge of thirty-three games this season showing ninety-nine yellow cards and ten red cards

Running the line at the DW Stadium will be . . . .
Tony Peart from North Yorkshire
Shaun Hudson from the Tyne and Wear

The Fourth Official will be . . . .
Nick Hopton from Derbyshire