Date: 19th October 2017 at 8:41am
Written by:

The man in charge of our game at the Kassam Stadium on Saturday will be . . . .


Seb is in his fifth season as a Football League Referee after previously spending two years in the middle for non-league games. While a Football League Assistant he was involved in the Durham FA Referee Academy.

This is the second time Seb and the Millers have met this season, the first being in August in our EFL Cup win over Lincoln at the New York Stadium. Jamie Proctor put the Millers in front six minutes from the end of the first half with Billy Knott getting an equaliser for the Imps in the second half. But a goal on the seventy-eighth minutes from substitute Anthony Forde gave the Millers a second round tie with Huddersfield Town.

Seb was in charge of the Millers in the same fixture last season when Morecambe were the visitors to the New York Stadium. Cole Stockton gave the visitors an early lead and it took a Greg Halford penalty on fifty-nine minutes to get an equaliser. Nine minutes later Mr Stockbridge gave Morecambe a spot-kick which Jack Dunne duly put past Lewis Price with the Millers getting a second equaliser on eighty-one minutes courtesy of Jerry Yates. Two minutes later Rotherham went into the lead for the first time thanks to an Anthony Forde goal but on the stroke of full-time Jack Dunne got his second and Morecambe’s third to send the tie into extra time. Former Miller Kevin Ellison put the boot in when he put the visitors back in front on one hundred and thirteen minutes with Dunne getting his hat-trick and making it five-three five minutes later. Jerry Yates got his second but the Millers were out of the cup competition at the first time of asking losing five-four. Wakefield and Edwards saw yellow for Morecambe on the evening with the only yellow for the Millers going to sub Richard Wood.

The only other game Seb has been in charge of the Millers for was in League One in November 2013. The game was at the New York Stadium with the visitors being Colchester. Former Miller Marcus Bean put the visitors in front on seven minutes with Matt Tubbs equalised just two minutes later. Kieran Agard then put the Millers in the lead on twenty-two minutes and with the Millers thinking they’d got all three points Elliot Lee scored an equaliser for Colchester. Getting yellow cards that afternoon was Mark Bradley and Matt Tubbs of the Millers and the visitors Lee Garbutt, Cian Bolger and Elliot Lee.

Running the line at the Kassam Stadium will be . . . .

Craig Taylor from the West Midlands
Adrian Waters from London

The Fourth Official will be . . . .

Louis Marks from Hampshire