Date: 30th April 2015 at 8:56am
Written by:

The man in charge of our last game of the season is …

Andy D’Urso from Essex

Andy was first promoted to the Football League in 1994 and just five years later was promoted onto the Premier League list. In 2004 Andy was suspended by the Football Association after he failed to send off Blackburn’s Barry Ferguson after showing him two yellow cards although he did successfully appeal against the decision to relegate him from the Select Group.

This will be the second time Andy has been in charge of a Millers game this season, the first time being in December away at Cardiff. The game was goalless and there were no cards shown that day.

Last season Andy was in the middle for our League One game at the New York Stadium against neighbours Sheffield United. The Blades went in at half-time a goal to the good which came from Jose Baxter but Kieran Agard equalised six minutes into the second half. With twenty minutes of the game left Daniel Nardiello was bundled over in the box, picked himself up and put away the resulting penalty. A few minutes later Rob Milsom made sure of all three points after he drove home from eighteen yards out. That day Andy booked Millers skipper Craig Morgan and Kieran Agard and Tony McMahon from the Blades.

In the 2012/13 season Andy took charge of two of our games – our game against Barnet at the New York Stadium ended in a two-nil defeat with our away game at the Kassam Stadium being a four-nil win against Oxford all four goals coming in the first half from David Noble, Kari Arnason, John Mullins and Ben Pringle.

Andy has been in charge of a few Millers games including the last one that Ronnie Moore was the Manager for at the B2Net in March 2011 The game ended in a humiliating five-nil defeat for the Millers and he also was in charge of a Millers game which ended in a two-one loss to Swindon Town at Don Valley. Matt Richie scored two goals in two minutes with Alex Revell getting a consolation for the Millers.

We also had Andy in charge of us in our League One Play-Off Round One game at the EBB Stadium when an eighty-eighth minute goal from Adam Le Fondre put us at a good advantage going into the second leg at the New York Stadium.

The last time Andy was in the middle for a game at Millmoor was in September 2004 when Millwall were the visitors in the Championship game. Paul Ifill opened the scoring on seventy-seven minutes for the visitors with Chris Sedgwick getting an equaliser ten minutes later. Paul Hurst was the only player booked that day.

In January 2002 Andy was in charge of our FA Cup game at Millmoor against Crewe Alexandra. An early goal from John Mullin put the hosts in front but a goal just after the half hour mark from Geoff Thomas made it one-one only for Rotherham to regain the lead five minutes later with a Paul Warne goal. But goals from Dean Ashton (2) and David Vaughan gave Crewe the win and get a tie against Everton in the next round.

May 2001 saw Andy in the middle for our game against Peterborough at London Road. The game ended one-all after Leon McKenzie scored for the home side and Paul Warne equalised five minutes later.

The first time the Millers and Andy met was in his second season as a Football League Referee. Rotherham had made the long journey to Plainmoor in April 1999 when goals from Eifion Williams and Jean Pierre Simb gave Torquay a two-nil win. Andy sent off Rotherham defender Phil Whelan on sixty-seven minutes for stamping on a Torquay player.

This season Andy has been in the middle for thirty-four games showing one hundred and six yellow cards and eight reds.

Running the line at Elland Road will be ?

Michael Denton from Lancashire
William Smallwood from Cheshire

The Fourth Official will be ?

Carl Boyeson from East Yorkshire

Click for the forum