Date: 15th November 2011 at 10:45am
Written by:

Join The Vital Debate


Rotherham United have warned neighbours Sheffield United, and anyone else looking, off striker Lewis Grabban.

Grabban is the Millers leading goal scorer this season having got nine in the League and two in the FA Cup and rumours last week said that both the Blades and Sheffield Wednesday were keeping an eye on him.

It is thought that Blades` Manager, Danny Wilson has watched the twenty-three year old but Millers` Chairman, Tony Stewart says there has been no approach for Grabban.

Speaking to Dom Howson of The Star, Mr Stewart said, ‘There is no truth behind the speculation whatsoever. We have not been contacted by anyone over Lewis and, if we were approached, we would tell them this is our team and we are moving forward as one and we would turn it down.

‘We have got some gems as well as Lewis and I have no doubts they will attract predators, but as far as I am concerned my job is to make sure we keep our best players as we are going for promotion whether through the play-offs or automatically.`

Lewis signed a two year deal with the Millers in the summer and it is thought, if there was a firm interest in him from anywhere, it would have to be a six-figure bid.

Vital Rotherham on: facebook

Vital Rotherham on: twitter