Date: 9th February 2010 at 10:28pm
Written by:

With both teams being on a losing streak and Millers’ Manager, Ronnie Moore, being embarrassed by his teams performance, this game could have gone either way. Luckily for the Millers, two goals from top scorer Adam Le Fondre sent their fans home happy from Don Valley this evening.

It was Dagenham and Redbridge who had the first shot at goal when Danny Green found Paul Benson in the area but his header went just over the bar. It was end to end stuff for a while with Abu Ogogo clearing shots from Nicky Law and Adam Le Fondre, Gavin Gunning blocking a Green cross while a shot from Gary Roberts went just over Tony Roberts` goal from some twenty yards out. But the Millers pressure finally paid off on the twelfth minute when a great ball into the box from Kevin Ellison found Le Fondre who stuck it into the back of the net to put the Millers one-up. After that it was all Rotherham and Gary Roberts twice brought of saves from Tony Roberts while Nicky Law kept the visitors defence busy, especially from corners and even Danny Harrison got a header in that went wide. At the other end Ian Sharps had to make a clearance from Paul Benson while Warrington saved from Green. Just before the half-hour mark, Ellison found the head of Tom Pope but the ball just cleared the bar. Three minutes later, Le Fondre wriggled his way into the penalty area and went past Mark Arber who brought the striker down. With the Millers fans shouting for Arber, who certainly looked like he was the last man, to be red carded, referee Evans showed him the yellow card. Le Fondre picked himself up, dusted himself down and duly slotted the penalty home for his second of the game. That seemed to wake the visitors up a little and both Fenton and Ellison made clearances from Green before Ellison, at the other end, received the ball from Law but put it wide of the goal. In the final minutes of the first half Dagenham had three corners in succession with Fenton being on hand to clear each one away to safety.

The second half started a bit scrappy with the first action of the half coming ten minutes in when Gavin Gunning swung a ball over for Le Fondre but his shot went wide of the right hand post. A few minutes later Jon Nurse had a shot at the other end but it went harmlessly wide. And it was Nurse again who brought a good fingertip save from Warrington before the same player had another effort that went wide. A few niggley fouls crept into the game, which resulted in free kicks that slowed the game down. Le Fondre, going for his first Millers` hat-trick was denied by the post and, in the final minutes of the game, Warrington brought off a good save from Benson but all in all it was a fine Millers win today.

Well done to the lads – three points and a clean sheet to boot. Let`s keep it going at Sincil Bank at the weekend.